What makes a great website?
1. WEBSITE PURPOSE - Your website needs to accommodate the needs of the user. Having a simple clear intention on all pages will help the user interact with what you have to offer.
2. SIMPLICITY - Simplicity is the best way to go when considering the user experience and the usability of your website. Below are ways to achieve simplicity through design.
3. NAVIGATION - Keeping navigation simple, intuitive and consistent on every page is key.
5. VISUAL HIERARCHY - One of the most important functions of visual hierarchy is to establish a focal point; this shows visitors where the most important information is.
6. CONTENT - An effective web design has both great design and great content. Using compelling language great content can attract and influence visitors by converting them into customers.
7. GRID BASED LAYOUT - Sections that line up and feel balanced and impose order and results in an aesthetically pleasing website.
8. LOAD TIME - Waiting for a website to load will lose visitors. Nearly half of web visitors expect a site to load in 2 seconds or less and they will potentially leave a site that isn’t loaded within 3 seconds.
9. MOBILE FRIENDLY - More people are using their phones or other devices to browse the web.
What questions might you ask a client when starting a new project?
Do you have a budget for this project?
How many different concepts would you like to see?
What material will you be providing me for this project?
Are there any deadlines associated with this design project? (Are these preferable or firm deadlines?)
Who will be my primary contact on this project?
Who is involved in the approval process?
Are there any third parties involved in this design project?
Who will be dealing with involved third parties?
What services are you expecting from me?
What do you expect from me regarding this design project?
What material do you require from me at the completion of this design project?
Is there anything else you would like to discuss that we haven't already covered?
Describe your creative process.
1. Briefing - We learn about your business and set goals for the project.
2. Research - We hit the books/internet to learn about your industry and your competitors, we do this to ensure you get the best visual solution possible.
3. Concepts - We settle on our first draft design concept. Usually 3; sometimes more; sometimes less.
4. Present - We present these concepts to you, explaining the rationale behind each and why they'll be successful.
5 Revise - We ask you to choose one concept and focus on that. The we work on revising the concept so it meets the goals outlined and make you happy. Sometimes there's one revision round; sometimes two; rarely more.
6. Deliver - When we're all good to go, we deliver the files to you.
What information do you need from a client before you can start work?
Will this project be used in print, on the web, etc.
Is there anything from your past marketing material that you would like incorporated into the new project?
Are there any restrictions or limitations to consider when designing this project?
Are there any new design elements you would like to try in this project?
Are there any design styles you do not like?
Does your company use a specific colour palette?
Are there any design elements associated with your company? (fonts, icons, images, etc.)
Does your company have a mission statement?
What current and former marketing material have you used?
What did you like or dislike about your past marketing material?
Why are you looking for something new?
Do you have a company slogan?
What feedback have you received on your past marketing material?
Do you consider your brand material to be more traditional or modern?
Is your brand associated with high end or cost-effective products and services?
What would you like your target audience to think of when they see your marketing material?
Is there anything I asked you about that you need help with?
What do you love most about your job?
I love that I get to come to work everyday and create something new, every day is unique. I have the opportunity to work on a large variety of projects across the B2B, B2C, and Product teams. Graphic design is always evolving, which creates an ongoing demand for your creativity.
What inspired you to start your own business?
When was the last time you gazed lovingly at a spreadsheet you'd just filled in and felt a warm pang of pride? Thought so. Starting your own business is something that you can have a real passion for and can give you a real sense of satisfaction. It involves creating something, going through a process to produce something tangible, rather than just getting buried in reports and paperwork. It offers you a chance to produce work that you can be proud of – and would be happy to show off.
Why should you choose us?
Our business success is dependent on your business success and we believe that togetherness is a core aspect of how we work. Working collaboratively with you allows us to fully understand the landscape you operate in and to unearth your goals and objectives fully. Above all, we see honesty and transparency at the forefront of working together we’re open about our pricing structure, which is based on the time required to deliver each aspect of our work to the highest standard. We are not afraid to try new things, of breaking ground and experimenting.